An Anti –Ragging Committee is active in the college taking action as per the UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in HIEs, 2009.The nationwide toll free 24×7 anti – ragging helpline number 1800-180-5522 and the anti-ragging UGC website id www.antiragging.in is permanently displayed on the college notice-board
MEMBERS OF ARC
- The Principal
- Faculty representative
- College office Superintendent
- PTA President
- I, II, III year UG representatives
- PG representative.
- To root out ragging in all its forms in the college.
- To create awareness among students against the inhuman practice of ragging and to foster in them a sense of sisterhood.
- To punish those who indulge in ragging as provided for in the UGC Regulation concerned and the appropriate law in force.
The Induction Programme for the freshers compulsorily informs them about their rights as bona fide students of the institution and clearly instructs them that they should desist from doing anything against their will even if ordered by the seniors, and that they have nothing to fear as the institution cares for them and shall not tolerate any atrocities against them. Students shall report incidents of ragging either as victims or even as witness to any of the members of the ARC in the form of a written complaint. The burden of proof shall lie on the perpetrator of ragging and not on the victim.
The ARC has the power to take strict action against those found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging. Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offense as established by the ARC, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging shall be anyone or any combination of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarships/freeships and other benefits.
- Debarring from representing the college in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, Bzone/Interzone youth festivals, etc.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or any other evaluation process.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the college for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the college and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- Fine ranging between Rs. 25000/- to Rs. one lakh.
- When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.